Vegetable Minestrone Soup
Want a meal to be filling and super-healthy? ‘Soup’ is the way to go! The one with lots of veggies, beans of your choice, and some comforting pasta cooked in a tasty, spicy broth which is exactly what this ‘Minestrone Soup’ is!
Prep time: 20 mins to cut all the vegetables + few hours to soak and cook the cannellini beans
Cook time: 30 to 40 mins
Serves: 5 to 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 bay leaves
- 1n1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons Italian dry herb seasoning
- 3/4th teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups water (or broth if using – I like to also use the water left from cooking cannellini beans)
- 1 cup un-cooked elbow pasta
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- salt to taste
- Soak the cannellini beans in water overnight or for at least 4 to 6 hrs. Then, cook it until the beans are soft and tender.
- In a deep pot, heat the olive oil. Add garlic, onions and bay leaves. Sauté for 3 to 5 mins until light brown.
- Add paprika, dry seasoning and black pepper followed by celery and carrots. Mix everything well, cover and let cook to 6 to 8 minutes until they have softened a bit. Add green beans now and further cook for another 5 mins.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water/broth and pasta. Let it cook for 6 to 8 mins. Add spinach and the cooked cannellini beans. Add salt and let the soup simmer for another 5 mins.
Serve warm with a dash of ground black pepper and some dry seasoning. You could also use parmesan cheese to spruce it up! All in all this is a super nutritious and filling minestrone soup perfect for a comforting lunch or dinner!