As said in my previous post of ‘Mango and Strawberry Parfait‘, here is the recipe for my homemade granola. I basically worked with the ingredients I had in my kitchen and sure enough it came out crunchy and tasty.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
– Oats (preferrably use Rolled Oats. But, I used Instant Oats) – 1/2 cup
– Cereals (I used honey based ones) – 1/2 cup
– Almonds – a handful – chopped + whole
– Raisins – a handful – chopped + whole
– Honey – 1/2 cup
– Salt – 1/2 tsp
– Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. Ready a lightly greased baking sheet lined with aluminium foil or
2. In a mixing bowl, take the dry ingredients – oats, cereals, almonds, raisins and salt. Mix them
well. Add the wet ingredients now – honey and vanilla extract. Using a spoon mix everything well
making sure the mixture is well coated with the honey.
3. Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet. Pop it in the oven and let it bake for about 10
mins. Remove from oven and using a knife or a spoon flip the mixture. Place it in the oven again
and further cook for about 5 mins.
4. Remove from oven and let it cool down for around 20 to 30 mins. Crumble them using your
hand if you want it in little pieces or you could leave it to be chunky.
Serve over your parfaits, cereals or any dessert that needs a nice crunch and enjoy!