DIY Braided Polymer Clay Bracelets
Have you ever had this dilemma (like I do) when shopping for a new outfit! – “Do I already have the earrings, necklace and/or bracelet to go with this outfit? and Will I need to purchase some to match this beautiful dress/cute top?”. Yes? Then, you’ll love these bracelets, because they are so easy and inexpensive to make and you get to design what you want to wear. These are really cute and pretty! Moreover, you can make these as gifts to your friends and cousins. They are sure going to love them!
I stumbled across a number of pins on braided bracelets made out of t-shirt fabrics all over Pinterest. I then came across a similar diy at this lovely blog, the difference being this was made from polymer clay. Me, being crazy about polymer clay couldn’t resist making them. I made mine using different colors and patterns as I can wear a particular bracelet for a number of outfits. I chose the color combination to suit my needs. So, go ahead and may some of these right away….it will hardly take an hour!
Things you’ll need:
– Polymer clay – colors of you choice – small marble sized balls of each color
– Paint or Food color – If you don’t have a particular color clay
1. Simply decide on the color combinations and roll out each ball evenly into a long straws/ tubes.
2. Blend one corner of the straws and then carefully start braiding. Wrap into a circle and check if the size fits your hand. Remove any extra lengths and blend the two ends into each other.
3. Any detail you want to add to the design, you can do so at this point. Place these onto a baking sheet and pop them into the oven to bake as per the package instructions (275 deg F for 15 mins. I left them for an extra five minutes to let them really harden). Remove from oven and let them cool for at-least 40 to 45 mins.
Wear them with your favorite outfits and just admire how much they add to your complete look!
– After baking, the bracelets definitely don’t come out rock solid, but they are definitely wearable.