Aam Ras – Sweetened Mango Pulp
I grabbed some nice ripe mangoes on a regular visit to our local Indian grocery store last week. And I knew exactly what I was going to do with them. Squeeze the pulp out, blend with some sugar to get the right amount of sweetness and gulp it down with nice, lightly golden puffy puris (will be posting a puri step-by-step soon).
Prep + Cook time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 or 5
– Ripe mangoes – 5
– Sugar – 1/2 cup or as required
1. Take the mangoes and roll each of them with your hand over the counter-top to loosen the pulp inside.
2. Remove the tip of the mango and squeeze all the pulp into a bowl. It looks quite lumpy at this point.
3. Take this pulp in a blender. Add sugar and give it a quick shuffle to get a smooth pulp without any lumps. It should be thick not watery. (If you are making a mango drink instead add ice cubes and milk to thin it out a little).
4. And that’s it. Remove into a bowl and enjoy alongside some cutesy puris.
* Have some left-over aam ras? Simply pour a ladle of it over plain vanilla icecream and go yum yum yum….
Pingback: Puri / Poori | Food Paradise!!!