Cabbage Curry (with potatoes and peas)
Cabbage curry is one of those curries that go well with rotis/chapathis as well as plain white rice. Adding potatoes and green peas to it makes it even more delectable.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Serves: 5 or 6
– Cabbage – 1 ~ 2 to 3 cups chopped up
– Potatoes – 1 medium sized – diced into 1 inch cubes
– Green peas – 1/2 cup
– Grated Coconut powder – 3 tsps
– Onions – 1 large – finely chopped
– Green chillies – 4 – finely chopped
– Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
– Cloves – 2
– Curry leaves – a fistful
– Chana dal – 2 tsps
– Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
– Turmeric powder – 3/4th tsp
– Red chilli powder – 2 tsps
– Salt – 1n1/2 tsp or as per taste
1. In a wide skillet, heat 2 tsps of oil. Add cumin seeds, cloves, chana dal and curry leaves. When they start to splutter add chopped onions and green chillies. Saute for a few minutes.
2. When the onions are translucent, add ginger-garlic paste and coconut powder. Saute for another minute. Now, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Saute for couple of minutes.
3. Get the veggies ready in the mean while. Add chopped cabbage and potatoes to the skillet now. Give a nice mix. Cover and let cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
4. At this point, add the green peas. Let cook for another 5 minutes and we are done. Give a taste test and adjust salt if needed.
Enjoy with warm rotis or rice for a simple everyday meal.
Pingback: Cabbage Chutney « Food Paradise!
Pingback: Dum Aloo – Baby Potatoes in a Spicy Gravy | Food Paradise!