Summer is finally here! (of-course, most of the days here are rainy rather than sunny). But it sure feels nice to say ‘Summer is here!’ :). To make the best of the sunny days, fruits and frozen drinks are the best way to relax and beat the heat. So, here is my try at ‘Watermelon Lemonade’ inspired from Smitten Kitchen but tweaked as per my taste.
Prep + Cook time: 5 to 10 mins
– Watermelon cubes – 2 cups
– Lemon juice – from 1 lemon – about 1n1/2 ounces (I used 2 lemons and found the taste sour than I would have liked)
– Ice cubes – as required
1. Take 2 cups of fresh watermelon cubes in a blender. Add lemon juice to this. Puree until smooth. Add a few ice cubes and choose the ‘frozen drink’ option on your blender to blend further.
2. I strained the juice at this point to remove any pulp.
Serve with more ice cubes if you like or with a watermelon wedge as a garnish. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
* I wanted to skip adding any sugar to this drink. But, you could add about 2 tsps of sugar if the sourness of the lemon is over-powering to you.