French Toast (Indian Style)
Back in childhood days, mom made French toast for a weekend breakfast occasionally and I always loved it. Though traditionally French toast is made sweet, I prefer the spicy version. This serves as a perfect weekend brunch as 2 to 3 slices along side some coffee or orange juice should keep you full for quite a good number of hours.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 to 10 mins
– Whole Wheat Bread – 4 slices
– Eggs – 4
– Green chillies – 2
– Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli powder – 1n1/2 tsp
– Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
– Ginger-Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
1. Break the eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat them well for about 2 to 3 mins.
2. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste and coriander leaves to the eggs. Beat the eggs again until all the spices are well blended. Take this mixture in a flat bowl so that it will be easier to dip the bread slices.
3. Heat a pan drizzled with few drops of oil. Take a slice of bread, dip into the eggs mixture. Flip it to the other side too. After coating all the sides well, place it in the pan and toast on each side for a minute or as required.
4. On the serving plate, place some paper towels and remove the toasts onto it so that it absorbs any unnecessary oil. Serve plain or with some ketchup.
Enjoy with a cup of coffee or a glass of orange juice.