Lassi is a very popular yogurt based drink from India. It serves as a refreshing summer drink. There are different kinds of Lassi, most common being Sweet lassi and Salt lassi. But, my favorite has always been Mango Lassi. Whenever at an Indian Restaurant, this is my go-to choice for the drink.
Prep + Cook time: 10 mins
- Ripe Mango Pulp – 1n1/2 cup
- Plain yogurt – 3/4th cup
- Honey/Sugar/sweetened condensed milk – 3 tsps or to taste
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Crushed ice – 1/2 cup
- Cold water – 3/4th cup
- Take the ripe mangoes, peel the skin and add the pulp to a blender.
- Add yogurt, honey/sugar/sweetened condensed milk, cardamom powder, water and crushed ice to the mango pulp. Blend for a few minutes until it is smooth. I love a thick consistency for my mango lassi. Add more water if you like it diluted.
- Give a quick taste test and adjust sweetness if desired.
- Garnish and serve cold to beat the scorching summer heat.