Lassi is a very popular yogurt based drink from India. It serves as a refreshing summer drink. There are different kinds of Lassi, most common being Sweet lassi and Salt lassi. But, my favorite has always been Mango Lassi. Whenever at an Indian Restaurant, this is my go-to choice for the drink.
Prep + Cook time: 10 mins
– Ripe Mangoes – 2 or equivalent canned Mango pulp
– Non-fat yogurt – 1/2 cup
– Milk – 1/2 cup
– Honey/Sugar – 3 tsps or to taste
– Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
– Crushed ice – 1/2 cup
1. Take the ripe mangoes, apply some pressure with your hands to loosen up the pulp inside. Now, remove the skin, and take the pulp in a blender.
2. Add the yogurt, milk, honey/sugar (I have used equal proportions of honey and sugar) and cardamom powder to the mango pulp. Blend for a minute.
3. Now, add the crushed ice and blend further for a couple of minutes. Use the ‘Frozen Drink’ option of the blender if available.
4. Give a quick taste test and adjust sweetness if desired.
5. Garnish with mint leaves and serve cold.