Senagalu Talimpu/Chickpeas Fry
– Kala Chana/Black Chickpeas – 2 cups, soaked overnight and cooked until tender
– Mustard seeds – 1n1/2 tsp
– Cumin seeds – 1n1/2 tsp
– Curry leaves – 10 to 12
– Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– Green Chillies – 5
– Ginger Garlic paste – 1n1/2 teaspoon
– Salt – to taste
– Lime juice – few teaspoons
1. Soak the chickpeas in water overnight or for 5 to 6 hours. Add salt and cook the chickpeas until tender.
2. Drain all the water (You can use the water in soups or stews) and set the chickpeas aside.
3. In a wide pan, heat about 3 tsps of oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, slit green chillies and handful of curry leaves. Once they start to splutter, add ginger-garlic paste and turmeric. Add the cooked chickpeas and roast for about 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Finally, add lime juice and saute for a couple of mins.
5. Serve warm as a quick and tasty snack. Also serves as a perfect naivedyam for festivals and/or puja.