Senagalu Talimpu/Chickpeas Fry
– Chickpeas – 1 can
– Mustard seeds – 1n1/2 tsp
– Cumin seeds – 1n1/2 tsp
– Curry leaves – 10 to 12 or 2 sticks
– Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
– Salt – to taste
– Lime juice – 1 tsp
1. Take the chickpeas out of the can and give it a nice rinse under water.
2. Boil the chickpeas in a pot for about 10 mins. Then, remove from stove, drain all the water and pat the chickpeas dry using a kitchen cloth or paper towels.
3. In a wide pan, heat about 3 tsps of oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once they start to splutter, add the dried chickpeas and roast for about 2-3 mins.
4. Now, add the turmeric, red chilli powder and salt. Mix the chickpeas well to blend in the spices and fry for about 5 mins.
5. Finally toss a tsp of lime juice over it and its done!
6. This is a quick and tasty snack you can make for any evening. Also serves as a perfect naivedyam.