– Vermicelli Bambino/Semiya – 1n1/2 cup
– Milk – 2 to 3 cups
– Sugar – 1n1/2 to 1n3/4 cups
– Ghee – 3 to 4 tsps
– Cardamom – 3 or 4
– Cashews and Raisins – 1/2 cup
1. In a wide pan, add the semiya and dry roast for a few mins until it is lightly brown. Keep it aside.
2. In the same pan, heat about a tsp of ghee, add cashews & raisins. Fry until slightly brown and keep it aside.
3. In another skillet, take about 3 cups of milk and slowly get it to a boil. Now, add the sugar and stir it for a minute or two.
4. Take out the cardamom seeds, crush them finely using a rolling pin or a grinding stone (or add about a tsp of store bought cardamom powder) and add it to the boiling milk. The cardamom gives the milk a nice flavor and aroma.
5. Now, add the semiya to the milk and stir it well for a couple of minutes. Place the stove setting on a little less than ‘medium’, cover and cook for about 8 to 10 mins.
6. Now, add another tsp of ghee, garnish with cashews and raisins and serve.
7. This is one of the quickest and easiest sweets to make and relish.