Green Beans Curry
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Green Beans – 2 lbs
- Coconut flakes – 1/4th cup
- Green Chillies – 7 or 8
- Curry Leaves – 10 to 12
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1n1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1n1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Wash the green beans thoroughly. Cut the ends and then chop them into 1/4th inch pieces. Steam the beans in a cooker for 1 whistle or until tender.
- Take green chillies, coconut flakes and curry leaves (leave few to add to the pan) in a blender and pulse into fine powder.
- In a wide skillet/pan, heat about 2 to 3 tsps of oil. Add cumin seeds and the remaining curry leaves. Once they begin to splutter add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a couple of mins and add beans.
- Now add turmeric, salt and the coconut mixture to the beans and saute for 6 to 8 mins on low-medium flame. Serve warm.
This is a perfect curry to go with rotis/chapathis.