Gajar Ka Halwa
Gajar/Carrots – 2 lbs
Sugar – 1n1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Ghee/Butter – 4 to 5 tsps
Cashews – 8
Raisins – 5 or 6
1. Peel, wash and grate all the carrots.
Take a wide pan and heat about 3 tsps of ghee/butter. To this, add the finely grated carrots and fry for about 5 or 6 mins or until it changes to a darker orange/brownish color.
2. Now, add a cup of milk to the carrots. Cook for about 2 to 3 mins.
3. Now, add the sugar, mix well and cook for about 12 to 15 mins.
4. In another pan, take a tsp of ghee, fry the cashews and raisins and add these to the halwa.
5. Serve just as a dessert or along side some plain vanilla ice-cream.