Gajar Ka Halwa
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 50 to 55 mins
Gajar/Carrots – 2 lbs
Sugar – 1n1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Ghee/Butter – 4 to 5 tsps
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashews – 10 to 12 split in half
Golden Raisins – 5 or 6
- Peel, wash and grate all the carrots.
- Take a wide pan and heat about 4 tsps of ghee. To this, add the finely grated carrots and saute on low flame for 20 mins.
- Now, add a cup of milk to the carrots and cardamom powder. Saute and further cook slowly for another 30 minutes while stirring every few minutes until it changes to a darker orange/brownish color.
- In another pan, take a tsp of ghee, fry the cashews and raisins and add these to the halwa.
- Serve just as a dessert or along side some plain vanilla ice-cream.