Palli/Peanuts Pachi Pulusu
- Palli/Peanuts – 2 cups – Cumin seeds – 3/4th tsp
- Nuvvulu/Sesame seeds – 1/4 cup – Mustard seeds – 3/4th tsp
- Green Chillies – 5 – Curry leaves – 10 to 12
- Onions – 1 medium sized – Coriander/Cilantro
- Tamarind juice – 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
1. In a pan, dry roast the peanuts for a few minutes until they are golden brown. Let the peanuts cool down and then, peel off the skin and keep it aside.
2. In the same pan, take nuvvulu/sesame seeds and dry roast just for a minute.
3. In a mixie/blender, take the roasted peanuts (without the skins) and sesame seeds. Add a few tsps of water and blend them into a nice but coarse mixture. Add about a cup of water and blend well, so that the peanut & sesame mixture is finely ground into a watery paste but is still thick.
4. Now, add the tamarind juice, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt and further blend for a minute.
5. Take this pulusu in a bowl; add some chopped coriander and set aside.
6. Now, for the popu/talimpu/tadka, heat about 2 tsps of oil. Add, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and roast/fry for about a minute or two; add this to the pulusu.
7. Finally, add some chopped onions and green chillies and we have the palli pachi pulusu ready!
This goes especially well with pulav/bagara rice.